ArcGIS Pro is Esri’s desktop GIS software package.
Please note that Esri does not officially support running ArcGIS Pro on a Mac. Mac users are encouraged to access ArcGIS Pro virtually using Remote Access or Apporto.
To install ArcGIS Pro on a UHCL-owned computer please follow the steps below.
- Request the software installation from the Office of Information Technology.
- Once the software is installed on your machine, launch the software.
- When prompted, sign in through the UHCL Enterprise ArcGIS URL (not the public ArcGIS login). Enter “uhcl” to complete the URL. Check “Remember this URL” and “Sign in automatically.” Click Continue.
- Select UHCL (not the public ArcGIS login) and sign in with your UHCL credentials.
To install ArcGIS Pro on a personal computer please follow the steps below.
- Before proceeding, make sure your computer meets the ArcGIS Pro minimum system requirements.
- Navigate to the UHCL ArcGIS Online homepage.
- Click Sign In (top right of screen)
- Select the UHCL Enterprise ArcGIS login (not the public ArcGIS login).
- Use your UHCL credentials to sign in.
- Once you are signed in, click on your username (top right) and select My Settings.
- On the My Settings page, click Licenses.
- Next to ArcGIS Pro, click Download ArcGIS Pro.
- In the Download window, review the Language setting. If you want to download a localized version of ArcGIS Pro, change the setting to the language you want.
- Click Download.
- An executable file (.exe) is downloaded to your computer.