Sign in to ProQuest My Research account
- Review search details
- Name this alert: can include alphabetic, numeric, spaces and special characters.
- Searched for: Shows the search you performed.
NOTE: When you modify an alert, an Edit search query link displays alongside your Searched for terms. Click it to display the search page with your original terms and any limiters, shown. Make changes and then click Update alert. Optionally click Search to see a results list first. Click the Update alert link on the results page to update the search.
- Limited by: Any limiters you applied to the search
- Databases: Shows the databases selected when you ran your search. If your search ran against multiple databases, click the View list/Hide list link toggle to show or hide the database list. To run search against different databases, run a new search and create a corresponding new alert.
- Define your alert email
- Send to: The email address associated with your My Research account displays here.
- Also send to: Enter one or more email addresses, separating each with a comma or semicolon. You cannot send to multiple addresses unless you are signed in.
- Subject: Enter a subject for your message. If you do not enter a subject, your search terms will display as the email subject.
- Message: Optionally enter a message of up to 250 characters. The message text will display in your alert email.
- Format: Select HTML (the default), or Plain text.
NOTE: If you change your Preferred email format preference in My Research to Text only, that setting will override the default HTML setting here.
- Define your alert content
- Include search details: Do you want the following information included in your alert?
- Name you gave the alert
- Your search terms
- Any limiters you applied.
- The databases you searched
- Include these documents:
- Newly published documents only (default) — your alert will deliver new articles and other content from currently published sources.
- Newly added documents, including historical items —your alert will deliver articles and other content from currently published sources, as well as from historical sources that are no longer publishing.
- Schedule your alert
- Send: Specify how frequently ProQuest should run your alert.
- Stop after: Specify when you no longer want to receive the alert.
After responding to an email from ProQuest to confirm the email address you provided, your alert is activated.