To submit a request:
- Sign in to ILLiad with your UHCL computer username and password
- Under New Request, select a request form and enter information at the required field (*)
- Adding any additional information may assist and speed up the process of locating your requested item
- Note: The Cancel Request option is only available during the submission process and prior to ILL Staff processing the request. Please contact the ILL Office (email@example.com or 281-283-3906) if you have any questions regarding request cancellations.
- Please note the following restrictions when placing an ILL request:
- The library does not process requests for patrons who have overdue materials.
- *Multiple requests for journal articles from the current five years usually requires prioritizing and approval through a consultation with a research librarian.
- Bestsellers or recently released items are more difficult to obtain.
- Textbooks, eBooks, popular movies and music, archival materials, and obsolete formats (film strips, VHS, LPs, etc.) will not be requested through ILL.
- Restrict chapter requests to one chapter per book title--copyright restrictions limit the number of pages that can be obtained from a book via Interlibrary Loan. Requests that exceed this amount will be converted to a loan request.
*Please Note--Requests submitted after hours on Friday will not be processed until the following Monday.
*ILL Request Link now Available in OneSearch*
Our library search engine OneSearch now has the ILL request link activated. This function is available for article citations that do not have online access. Be sure you are logged into OneSearch and then click on the "No Online Access" link from the citation and the "How to get it" options will be listed. Click on the "UHCL - Interlibrary Loan request" link and you will be directed to the ILLiad login screen. Log into ILLiad and the citation information will auto-populate into the request form -- then hit "Submit Request" at the bottom of the form. First-time ILLiad users will be directed to create an account.