NOTICE: Limited study rooms are currently available for one user at a time. Reservations have been disabled. Please visit https://uhcl.libguides.com/online for more information.
- Study room keys may be checked out at the circulation desk by current UHCL degree-credit students and staff.
- The following rooms are available at Neumann Library:
- 11 rooms for individual study
- 2 rooms for individual OR group study (up to 4 people)
- 8 small group rooms for up to 4 people
- 5 medium group rooms for up to 6 people
- 2 large group rooms for up to 8 people
- Study rooms may be checked out for up to 4 hours at a time.
- At least one person in a group must present a UHCL student/staff ID to borrow a study room key.
- At least two group members must be present at the library circulation desk to check out a group room key. The exceptions are Rooms 1A and 1B, which may be used by an individual OR a group.
- Room renewals are not guaranteed. Renewals are only permitted if enough rooms are available at time of request. If one person in a group checks out a room, other people in the group may not check out the room immediately afterward unless enough rooms are available to permit renewals.
- Rooms should not be unoccupied for extended lengths of time.
- Study room keys accrue a $5.00 fine per hour overdue. There is a nonrefundable $40.00 fee for lost keys.
- Rooms should be kept clean. All trash should be placed in library receptacles.
- Failure to adhere to study room policies will result in a loss of study room privileges.
Enclosed Study Carrels
Four enclosed study carrels are available for rental by UHCL graduate students. Each carrel has a power outlet.
The charge for enclosed carrels is $30.00 per semester. Keys must be returned at the end of the semester. There is a $30.00 fee for lost keys.
Inquire at the Circulation Desk concerning availability.