If you identify a needed book in a library database or some other source but don't find it in the Library Catalog, submit an interlibrary loan request.
- Borrowing Library Materials (Circulation)
- loan periods, renewals, IDs and borrower cards, course reserves, study areas, copying/printing, and more
- Research & Instruction
- research consultation options, appointment request form, and hours
- instructional services request form, sample course guide, and more
- ILLiad Interlibrary Loan
- Dissertation, Thesis, & Project Format Checks
For more information:
Research Consultation Desk (Bayou Bldg., room 2402, 2nd floor)
Basic Search Tips for Most Databases & Library Catalog
Find more (broaden your results) with OR and wildcards:
cat or cats (finds either term)
cat or cats or feline* (finds cat, cats, feline, or felines)
Find less (narrow your results) with AND:
dogs and obedience training (finds both terms)
Find less with NOT:
toys not poodles (excludes records that mention poodles)
Find less by selecting limiters (peer-reviewed, date, publication type, etc.)
Use quotation marks for an "exact phrase"
- CAPS are required for AND and OR
- use parentheses to nest terms when using both AND and OR
- select limiters on results screen
Sample searches for OneSearch:
"critical thinking" AND "higher education"
(women OR girls) AND "body image"
(prejudic* OR discriminat*) AND (islam* OR muslim*)
Sample Book Detailed Record
As shown in the sample detailed record below:
- Use action icons to capture a draft citation or export to EndNote Web or EndNote desktop (RIS)
- After signing in, use Request under Get It to place a "hold" on an out-of-library item or transfer an item from another campus
- Note campus/library, availability, location within library, and classification number
- Expand location information for more details on available copies and loan period