Research Consultation Services
A librarian is on duty to
- assist users with all types of information requests
- answer questions on the library's resources and how to use them
In-library users take precedence, but brief questions may be submitted
- by phone
- Neumann Library 281-283-3910
- UHCL Pearland Library 281-212-1657
- if we're busy, please leave a message; call back is usually within thirty minutes
- using Live Chat or email on the Ask a Librarian page
- by text to 281-816-4341
- Make an AppointmentFor UHCL students, faculty, & staff to schedule an individual research consultation with a librarian
Library Instructional Services
Multiple types of instructional services are offered in support of the library's mission "...to promote teaching, learning, and the pursuit of knowledge" and in support of the information literacy needs of students and all lifelong learners.
- Instructional Services Request FormUHCL faculty at Clear Lake or Pearland may schedule face-to-face class sessions focusing on resources & strategies appropriate to the subject, discipline, or specific assignment.
- Embedded Librarian Request FormFor online courses with a heavy research focus, UHCL faculty may request to have a librarian embedded directly inside their Blackboard class to provide library assistance to their students
- Library Course Guide (example)If your students are required to use numerous electronic resources and portions of the library web site, you may want a librarian to create an online guide for your course. It will have a unique URL to which you can link from your course page. Contact your library liaison or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional materials available anytime
If needed, see full list of Library & Research Help guides.