If you are experiencing trouble accessing one of our databases, there are several possible solutions.
- Use a private or incognito browser:
- Clear browser's cache and cookies
- Refer to The University of Iowa's guide on how to clear cache and cookies by the browser.
- Disable your computer's firewall when using a database. Remember to turn the firewall back on after you are done.
- Use a different browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox).
- The Microsoft Edge browser does not work with many websites and its icon looks very similar to the Internet Explorer icon. If you are using the Edge browser, changing browsers may fix the issue.
If none of these solutions work, please report the problem to the librarians. We will contact you when the issue has been resolved.