How Reference Works Can Help You
Find overviews or introductions to a subject in encyclopedias and some specialized dictionaries and handbooks. Reference works may help you put into context a narrow topic on which you're working or help you identify possible directions for a topic you're exploring. They'll also help you identify facts, names, dates, etc.
Some useful multivolumes reference works in the Biological Sciences are:
- Biology (Gale Virtual Reference Library) 4 vols.
- Complete Dictionary of Scientific Biography (Gale Virtual Reference Library) 27 volumes
- Genetics (Gale Virtual Reference Library) 4 vols.
- Grzimek's animal life encyclopedia 17 vols.
- Encyclopedia of Bioethics 5 volumes
- Encyclopedia of genetics, genomics, proteomics and bioinformatics 8 vols.
- Encyclopedia of life sciences 20 vols.
- Plant Sciences (Gale Virtual Reference Library) 2 vols.
- World of microbiology and immunology 2 vols.