Welcome, online and off-campus students! The Neumann Library and UHCL Pearland Library's collections and services are available to you through this guide.
- OneSearch includes almost all of the library's research databases, where you can find peer-reviewed journal articles, books, ebooks, and media
- Sign in with your UHCL computing username (e.g., jonest2345) and password to view fullest results and full text and to pin favorite items, renew materials, and request items from other UH campuses
Natural language searches often work well. Example:
how body image affects women
You also can use simple keywords and quotation marks for a short, commonly used "exact phrase." Example:
"body image" women
Once you have a set of results, select and apply relevant filters (limiters such as peer-reviewed journals, available online, etc.) on the left of the screen.
For more complex searches like body image AND (women OR girls), use Advanced Search.
In individual subject databases:
Use OneSearch Advanced Search to look for scanned materials that your professor may have placed on course reserve through the library.
As shown below, select the radio button for Course Reserves. In addition to searching by keyword or title of the item you're looking for, you may search specifically by Course ID (example: PSYC 4370) or by Course Instructor name.
Course Reserves are not available for intercampus transfer or delivery by mail.
Requesting Intercampus Transfers
Physical items (print books, DVDs, etc) held by all UH system libraries may be sent to any UH library for pickup. To request an item:
- Find the item in OneSearch
- Sign in
- Select Request and a desired pickup location
- UHCL Pearland Library is the usual delivery and pickup location for students living in zip codes 77581, 77584 and 77588
To request articles not carried in the UHCL databases or books not carried in the UH system, submit an ILLiad Interlibrary Loan request
- Most articles will be delivered electronically
- Physical items obtained through ILLiad can be picked up Neumann Library or UHCL Pearland Library, but not any other UH system libraries.
If you are a current degree-credit UHCL student and are taking all courses online or at off-campus locations, you may request that books in UHCL's collections be mailed to your home address.
- Items will be mailed via USPS.
- Regular loan rules and due dates apply to all items delivered by mail.
- Library reserves materials cannot be delivered by mail.
- Please note that there are limits to the number and size of items that can be mailed.
- You are responsible for the return of items. Items may be returned by mail, but you are responsible for all return postage fees. Items may also be returned directly to any library in the University of Houston system
If you are returning items by mail, send them to this address:
- ATTN: Neumann Library Circulation Dept.
- University of Houston Clear Lake
- 2700 Bay Area Blvd
- Houston, TX 77058
To request delivery by mail, please contact the circulation department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neumann Library Research Consultation Desk (Bayou Bldg., room 2402, 2nd floor)
- 281-283-3910 (voice) and 281-816-4341 (text)
- Ask a Librarian
Interactive tutorials and self-help:
Off-campus access, troubleshooting tips, and more:
Loan periods, renewals, IDs and borrower cards, course reserves, study areas, printing, and more:
Borrowing from other libraries:
We're here to help -- if you don't find what you need, please contact us!