Data Collection @ UHCL
UHCL provides support to students, faculty, staff, and community members for their geospatial needs.
This support includes:
- Assistance with accessing datasets that are available through regional, state, and federal agencies.
- Assistance with project-specific collections using the following technologies:
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS): Spatial datasets include aerial images and videos.
- Global Positioning System (GPS): Positioning data that can be collected and processed in both single and differential modes.
- Spatial Data Collection using land survey equipment such as Total Stations and Levels.
- Assistance in data processing and preparation for GIS projects.
- Assistance with all types of geospatial analytics
The support process includes three main steps: placing a request, discussion and evaluation, and developing project steps and workflow.
UHCL scholars and community members need to contact Marc Mokrech (firstname.lastname@example.org) in an email titled ‘Requesting Geospatial Services’ to place a request.